Rapid City Office
909 St. Joseph Street, Suite 203, Rapid City, SD 57701
204 North Main Street, Spearfish, SD 57783
Senior Care For Individuals With Mobility Issues in Rapid City, SD
Learn more about our loving senior care in your area
Using the services of a temporary caregiver can make a big difference in the lives of senior individuals who have experienced a fall or other disability. If a family member, parent or aging loved one has lately suffered a disability or other mobility issue and is recovering, the individual may need a lot of supervision and care until mobility is restored. If you do not have the ability to dedicate an intensive amount of time to your loved one or perhaps if the individual would prefer to stay in the comfort of his or her own home, hiring a senior care provider may make recovery less difficult for your loved one.
Senior care is a good alternative for aging loved ones and parents with disabilities because it permits them to remain securely in their homes as long as possible and get better safely.
Our caregivers visit as required and handle daily services and tasks, such as:
- Clearing the hallway and space between your loved one’s bed and the bathroom.
- Running usual errands and Cleaning (stocking and cleaning the fridge)
- Get rid of clutter from the floor (and do this frequently to prevent falls and trips).
- Help choose or install correct grab bars for the bathroom, i.e. close to the shower and toilet.
- Make sure that all floor rugs are fastened down, or replaced with risk-free alternatives.
- Improve lighting close to hallways, staircases, and doorways.
- Senior care aides can assist your loved one to get into and out of a seated posture, car or bed with careful precision in order not to inflict more pain or injury.
- Make sure all steps have handrails beside them.
Caregivers may also offer mobility help outside of the home. Senior care aides can offer transportation to and from any Rapid City area doctor’s appointment, social engagement or physical therapy session, and can accompany clients inside and out to guarantee comfort and safety. Our caregivers can help with access needs for clients with walkers, wheelchairs or canes.
Your loved one might be in danger of falls due to age or while recovering from a temporary disability. This is particularly true if the individual has trouble getting out of bed, walking or getting up from chairs, feelings of weakness or dizziness or trouble maintaining balance. For example, family members with Alzheimer’s at times forget restrictions and are at a greater risk for future injuries. Protect against injury or a fall with assistance from a home care provider.
Contact us today and find out more about our senior care services.
Comfort Keepers Home Care provides senior care services in the following cities and neighborhoods in South Dakota:
Rapid City, Sturgis, Spearfish, Belle Fourche, Lead, Deadwood, Custer, Hill City, and Hot Springs, South Dakota