Rapid City Office
910 5th St Ste 103, Rapid City, SD 57701
204 North Main Street, Spearfish, SD 57783
Living Assistance Services in Rapid City, SD
We provide many helpful home care services to seniors and their families in the comfort of their own homes.
Seniors and their family caregivers often struggle to find the right balance between senior independence and senior health and safety. Seniors who wish to remain in their own homes can benefit greatly from the help provided by living assistance services. Using the services and assistance of a professional home caregiver to make sure the tasks of daily living are done completely and safely can ease family members’ peace of mind. Sometimes professional caregivers are able to help by easing the tensions that may confront an adult child taking care of an aging parent who is embarrassed or frustrated by the living assistance that they need. Our Comfort Keepers can help in many ways, permitting seniors to remain in the familiarity of their own homes for many years beyond what they would be able to do without the additional help provided by Comfort Keepers Rapid City.
We provide a variety of companionship and living assistance services including:
- Meal preparation according to the senior’s preferences and nutritional needs
- Grocery shopping and other errands with or without the senior accompanying
- Light housekeeping including vacuuming, dusting, sweeping, mopping and cleaning bathrooms and kitchens
- Laundry services – at the senior’s home or a laundromat - including washing, drying, folding, ironing, and putting clothes away
- Transportation to medical and other necessary appointments or to social events, shopping or other places the senior would like to go
- Medication assistance - opening medication containers, reading labels, and reminding seniors when it is time to take a dose - to ensure that seniors take their medications as prescribed
The most fundamental part of our living assistance services is providing companionship and social contact through all of our interactions with the seniors we are caring for in order to enhance seniors’ health, happiness, and quality of life. In addition to the companionship living assistance services listed above, we can also assist with personal care services including bathing, grooming, hygiene, mobility assistance, transferring, positioning, toileting, incontinence, feeding and special diets.
Comfort Keepers Home Care provides senior care services in the following cities and neighborhoods in South Dakota:
Rapid City, Sturgis, Spearfish, Belle Fourche, Lead, Deadwood, Custer, Hill City, and Hot Springs, South Dakota